Nominate a Trusted Adviser
TRUSTED ADVISER SPOTLIGHT & TRUSTED ADVISER OF THE YEAR NOMINATION FORM
The following information is required to be profiled in Field to Market’s Trusted Adviser Spotlight Series or to be considered for the Trusted Adviser of the Year Award.
Field to Market recognizes our Spotlight Honorees at our annual June Plenary and the winners of our annual Sustainability Leadership Awards at the Sustainable Agriculture Summit in November. In addition to this recognition, each Spotlight Honoree and Award winner are recognized through the year through Field to Market’s communications channels and press coverage. Learn more about past annual Award winners or explore our Spotlight series.
- The Trusted Adviser Spotlight Series profiles Trusted Advisers who are leaders in working with farmers on advancing continuous improvement.
- The Trusted Adviser of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding Trusted Adviser who is a champion in advising, leading and partnering with farmers and the supply chain in adopting conservation practices and advancing continuous improvement.
Examples of a Trusted Adviser include, but are not limited to:
- Certified Crop Adviser (CCA), independent crop consultant, agronomist, ag retailer representative, seed dealer, equipment dealer, university extension agent, NRCS conservationist, Conservation District specialist, Technical Service Provider, and livestock nutritionist.
EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR TRUSTED ADVISER SPOTLIGHT SERIES:
- Adviser must be an individual who works with farmers in a professional capacity to advise and recommend practices and services that best meet the needs of the farmer’s operation.
- Adviser must support farmers in pursuing continuous improvement and understanding how specific management practices positively impact one of Field to Market’s eight sustainability outcomes.
- Weighted consideration for demonstrated use of the Fieldprint Platform or engagement in an Accelerator Project.
- Display a willingness to advocate and share learnings with others to scale sustainability
ADDITIONAL EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR TRUSTED ADVISER OF THE YEAR:
- Speak to how adviser has created opportunities for continuous improvement in sustainability for their farmer customers.
- Demonstrated their ability to increase adoption of sustainability practices and Field to Market tools and resources by farmer customers, as well as serve as a champion for sustainability towards other trusted advisers and/or supply chain partners.
- Demonstrate a systems approach to continuous improvement through advising and/or focus on improving a specific outcome due to importance regionally.
Crafting a Strong Awards Nomination:
As a resource for members preparing nominations for the Sustainability Leadership Awards, we hosted a Field to Market In Focus webinar on crafting a strong awards nomination. Please refer to the webinar slides and recording to learn answers to frequently asked questions and tips on preparing your nomination.