Nominate a Farmer
FARMER SPOTLIGHT & FARMER OF THE YEAR NOMINATION FORM
The following information is required to be profiled in Field to Market’s Farmer Spotlight Series or to be considered for the Farmer of the Year Award.
Field to Market recognizes our Spotlight Honorees at our annual June Plenary and the winners of our annual Sustainability Leadership Awards at the Sustainable Agriculture Summit in November. In addition to this recognition, each Spotlight Honoree and Award winner are recognized through the year through Field to Market’s communications channels and press coverage. Learn more about past annual Award winners or explore our Spotlight series.
- The Farmer Spotlight Series profiles six to twelve farmers who are champions of conservation throughout the United States.
- The Farmer of the Year Award recognizes the farmer with multiple years of experience utilizing the Fieldprint Platform who has achieved outstanding conservation throughout their operation and is demonstrating leadership in the grower community.
EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR FARMER SPOTLIGHT SERIES:
Ability to connect how specific management practices positively impact one of Field to Market’s eight sustainability outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
- Weighted consideration for demonstrated use of the Fieldprint Platform or enrollment in an Accelerator Project.
- Will also consider farmers who focused on improving a specific outcome due to importance regionally (local/regional natural resource concern)
- Demonstrated willingness to advocate and share learnings with others to scale sustainability.
ADDITIONAL EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR FARMER OF THE YEAR:
- Demonstrated use of the Fieldprint Platform for multiple years.
- Demonstrated systems approach to continuous improvement and/or focus on improving a specific outcome due to local/regional importance.
- Ability to speak to specific management practices that were implemented and their impact on sustainability outcomes.
- Ability to speak to how a journey of continuous improvement has helped drive greater on-farm efficiencies and positively impacted their bottom line.
- Potential for adoption and replication of practices by other farmers.
Crafting a Strong Awards Nomination:
As a resource for members preparing nominations for the Sustainability Leadership Awards, we hosted a Field to Market In Focus webinar on crafting a strong awards nomination. Please refer to the webinar slides and recording to learn answers to frequently asked questions and tips on preparing your nomination.